BYU Religious Education Dissertation Grant Program
Religious Education at Brigham Young University offers grants from private endowment funds to a limited number of Latter-day Saint advanced Ph.D. students who are attending institutions of higher learning. These grants are to assist students in the completion of their doctoral studies.
- A stipend for tuition, supplies, travel, books, and related expenses up to $10,000 (U.S.)
- Members in good standing of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. program
- Studying in disciplines related to the teaching and research missions of Religious Education at BYU
- Priority will be given to students engaged in dissertation research and writing; others in the final year of course work, especially with comprehensive exams scheduled, may be considered
- Apply to: Associate Dean, Religious Education, 370D JSB, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602
- Preferably or before April 1 of each year for the following academic year; reviews are made quarterly
- Two letters of recommendation are required, including one from the student's bishop and one from a faculty member under whom the student is pursuing doctoral work
- The two letters are to be sent directly to the BYU address above
For more information and to download the application form, view the PDF document.